PayPal Instant Payment Notification (IPN) is a notification service that used to notifies merchants about the PayPal transaction. This notification is sent to the URL which you have set at
notify_url variable. Using this Notify URL you can get the transaction data and store those data into the database.
PayPal will be sent the payment notification to the Notify URL if PayPal IPN is enabled. Means, you should enable PayPal IPN to work with Instant Payment Notification. Follow the step by step instructions to edit Instant Payment Notification setting in your PayPal account.
Define Notify URL
At first set the notify_url in PayPal HTML Variables. This URL is used by PayPal to posts information about the payment.
<input type='hidden' name='notify_url' value='http://www.codexworld.com/paypal_ipn.php'>
Enable PayPal IPN
1. Sign into your PayPal Business Account.
2. After successfully logged in, you would redirected to the account overview page.
3. Click on Profile link under the My Account tab.
4. On the Profile page click on Instant Payment Notification preferences link from the Selling preferences section.
5. You would be landing to the Instant Payment Notification (IPN) settings page. Click on Choose IPN Settings
Enter the Notify URL into the Notification URL field and enable the Receive IPN message. Click on Save button.
Now the PayPal transaction data would be sent to the Notification URL. You can store the transaction information into the database in this file (
paypal_ipn.php) of notify_url.
Are you want to get implementation help, or modify or extend the functionality of this script? Submit paid service request